1.29.2012

Pretty Grunge




When I was about 11 I started wearing combat boots with dresses and ripped jeans with flannel. I listened to REM, watched 'Clueless', played viola and thought I was grunge.

I look back on this and remember that it was probably one of the first times that I experimented with fashion and just wore what I wanted. Sure, it wasn't particularly good-looking, and the kids at school probably thought I was a nutcase and living under a bridge, but I dug it.

To this day, I have a particular affinity for a hot pair of combat boots, a good old plaid shirt and some ripped stockings. I just think it's cool. Pairing a girly dress with a leather bag and some boots creates a sort of hippie devil-may-care aura.

Rachel Bilson rocking Pretty Grunge

I especially love spring fashion with some killer boots.

All Saints 'Damisi' Boots

Lace peplum top

Grungy skinny jeans

Studded bangles

Or how about this

Asos boots

Modcloth jacket

Swiss dot dress

Barbed wire ring


I can't explain it. It's just hot. Women turning menswear on its head and making lace look tough.

Put Katniss Everdeen in a dress and she'd throw on her own hunting boots and give you the finger.

That's what it's all about.

My boots? Well, they're these:




No comments:

Post a Comment