8.17.2011

A Different Kind of Smokey Eye





  


I once read a quote from a makeup artist that said you should never wear the same color eyeshadow as your eye color because you will look overdone. I call Shenanigans! Brown eyeshadow cannot be place near a lady with brown eyes or else she will look Cracked Out? Um, no. Can it look a bit drab? Sure, but it's not Wrong.

Evidence:


Do I look crackers with green shadow all over my eyes? I think not.
 Now, this is not the exact same color as my irises, but it's close enough for this experiment.



Summery, Smokey, Colorful, and not Insane. Eyeshadows from MAC's A Tartan Tale Holiday 2010 collection.

2 comments:

  1. That's an interesting statement, considering I wear dark brown eyeliner because black makes my eyes look smaller. I also don't feel confident enough to wear blue or purple eyeliner all the time; it makes me feel overdone. Sooooo brown eyeliner & eyeshadow ftw!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty! Yeah, I'm brown-eyed and I used to only use brown shadow! Now, I don't do it now, but it certainly didn't make me look strung out!

    ReplyDelete