10.18.2013

My New Favorite Accessory

Though it's not quite chilly enough here in Austin for cuddly woolens, I can't help but indulge in my recent obsession: thigh-high socks. I wear mine layered over tights and peeking out of my boots. It's a nice way to create a tonal look or to introduce a splash of color to an otherwise neutral ensemble.

I have run into one slight problem, however. Namely, that many socks that are labeled "over-the-knee" or "thigh-high" end up being too short on my long and curvy legs. Or worse, the top band cuts uncomfortably into my knees. And the only thing worse than a muffin top is a muffin top on your legs (stem muffins? leg loaves?). The solution? A
plus size sock from Sock Dreams. They are thin enough that there is no bunching in my boots, but substantial enough to add warmth. My favorite part is the band. There's a soft and stretchy piece of elastic circling the cuff that keeps them in place without causing discomfort.

Here they are. The Extraordinary Thigh High:

Extraordinary Thigh Highs
Granted, I did not choose this color but my laptop is on its last legs and this is the only image it would let me upload. I purchased the Charcoal and will also be adding Black, Navy, and Burgundy.

Some of my other favorites: 


Wavy Top Over The Knee


Crochet Lover Over The Knees



Button Ribbed OTK

Extraordinarily Longer Thigh High
All photos courtesy of Sock Dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment