10.31.2011

Dark Circles

You look tired.

Yeah, that's because I'm not wearing makeup. No, I'm not sick. Yes, I'm getting enough sleep. I did just want to enjoy my day off, but now I'm totally self-conscious. Awesome.

Does this sound like your life? Then you probably have dark circles.

Don't worry, plenty of Pale Ladies have them, too:




Katherine Heigl

Keira Knightley




Have allergies (seasonal or otherwise)?

Consider taking a daily allergy pill containing an anti-histamine. Reactions to seasonal or environmental  allergens can cause puffiness (and therefore, shadows) under your eyes.

Get less than 8 hours of sleep a night?


Try to go to bed earlier a few days a week. Make a date to hit the sack just like you schedule luncheons or workouts. Being well-rested is good for your whole body including your mood.


Not wear sunscreen with an SPF of at least 15?

Why not? Seriously. We know have iPhones, Google, the microwave, and cars that turn on without a key; we know about sunscreen. Anything less than SPF 15 is a waste of your time and money. Choose one without fragrances or dyes and put it all over your face (there is absolutely no reason to have a separate 'eye cream'). Lather, rinse, repeat.

Have Pale skin?
Don't change it- it's beautiful. Just invest in a great concealer. When I say 'invest' I don't mean spend googobs of money, just read the ingredients and be smart.

Here are a few of my favorites:

Clinique 'All About Eyes' $16 


Shiseido Natural Finish Cream Concealer $25

 
Revlon Age Defying Concealer $10
Cle de Peau Concealer $70

Note: Many formulas work better when set with loose powder. Personally, I find that powder makes my skin feel too dry, but see what works best for you. Like most things beauty- and fashion-related it's a matter of trial and error.

Apply concealer to spots and under eyes with a brush.The Non-Blonde is a totally insane crazy person (in the most amazing way) about makeup brushes. Check out her favorites here.

2 comments:

  1. Yep, that'd be me. Without makeup I look like I have two black eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my niece and nephew are 7 and they always ask me why i have black eyes when i don't wear makeup…sometimes when i do o.O siiiigh…i've pretty much always had them…suppose i could eat healthier and exercise more too…but it's pretty much genetic in my family…i've got super dark circles…i tell them i'm secretly a raccoon who has transformed into a human…when i worked in cosmetics eeeeeveryone was trying to fix me…my husband says he likes them…lol i love him for that…when people complain about dark circles i just roll my eyes and say check out theeeese babies!!

    ReplyDelete