10.18.2011

A Swedish Elderberry Kiss

I just saw images from Vogue Sweden's featuring Frida Gustavsson in a 1940's-inspired shoot. It is amazing. Apart from her obvious beauty and killer bone structure, I was totally taken by the gorgeous shade of plum gracing her lips. She looks like a little Swedish milk maid who's just bitten into some freshly picked Elderberries.





On it's own, this shade could make her look like a goth Camden Town Chick. But the supporting colors chosen for these looks are petal pink, charcoal gray, burgundy, iris blue, and mint green. Flawless.

I'm picking up these lipsticks to see if I can match the look:

Smashbox Marvelous

Dior Addict Perfecto No. 991
I remember reading a positive review for this one on The Non Blonde. She loved it, so I will most definitely be giving it a try.
YSL Rouge Volupte No. 22 Exquisite Plum


No comments:

Post a Comment