12.20.2011

Scarves for Men Are Also Scarves for Women

I really like scarves. A lot.

A well-rounded scarf collection can make any wardrobe incredibly diverse. I wear scarves like pieces of Flair.

Of course, I deeply love a classic silk scarf, but I am also quite fond of men's scarves.

Men's scarves vary slightly from those for women. Traditionally, theirs are thinner and shorter and are designed to be worn with a blaze or tuxedo jacket.

They can be worn like ascots

Ashton Kutcher wearing a low ascot





 This style works for people with long necks. If you carry weight in your chin, I would avoid this look.


Laid over tuxedo jackets
Aspinal of London







Knotted around the neck and under the collar


Brad Pitt in Cannes



Or, tucked under the lapels of a jacket


Peter Facinelli


This is how I tackled the look



This is an Olive Drab-colored wool scarf from Russia. Because it's so warm and, since I wanted to look a bit more feminine, I chose to wear it over a dress instead of a button-down. I folded it in half length-wise (I think in Kindergarten we called this 'hot dog style') a draped it over my neck. I then put my blazer on top, taking care to allow the scarf to stick out an inch or two above the lapels.





I let the ends hang loose below the stance of the jacket. This is totally acceptable but you are certainly able to tuck the ends underneath the blazer, or use the scarf with a jacket that has more buttons. Men's scarves should not be tucked in to your waistband as a general rule, but whatever floats your style boat. This look also works with a shorter woman's scarf as long as it is rectangle-shaped or folded to be so.


3 comments:

  1. I don't know what I love more - the scarf/blazer combo or your awesome pink lipstick. Tough choice.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it is!! all scarves are looks very very attractive and nice!!!


    Scarves for Women

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice Post :) Men and women both look cool when they wear scarves :).My boyfriend love to wear scarves on trendy shirts :) I bought some scarves for him from Bfrog.They are giving 25% off :)

    ReplyDelete